A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What I Ate - 9 February 2010

Phil has a cold!  I'm worried that this could be because we are a bit run down?  It's hard to tell.  He isn't too unwell, but it's definitely not fun being sick.

Yesterday I ate:

3 pieces of Vogel toast, 2 with peanut butter, one with Marmite.
1 trim latte.
Chocolate brownie.
1 Gala apple.
Baked potato leftover from the previous night.
1 mango and passionfruit yoghurt.
2 glasses of riesling.
Barley and haricot bean risotto with a rocket, avocado and sunflower seed salad.
Crepes with blueberries, raspberries and vanilla bean ice-cream.

What with Phil being sick and me feeling quite tired I have been getting a bit paranoid about our iron intake.  So I decided to soak some haricot beans, as according to the internet they are high in iron.

My friend Reuben came over for dinner to discuss plans for a possible vegetarian feast.  Reuben is vegetarian himself and a very good cook.  More on the feast to come.

3 comments:

  1. I remember Reuben's awesome vegetarian Top Chef meal. If you ate like that every night you wouldn't get sick. Probably get fat though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, you a fan of couscous? It doesnt take any time at all to cook and you could make a pretty simple (or complicated) stir fry and have it with cous cous rather than rice or noodles. It's really good with firm tofu, tomatoes, onions, olives, sun dried tomatoes, beans, eggplant or any vegies you have hanging around the pantry. One of my favourite vegie recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jarrod - Reuben's Top Chef was amazing! I think the vegetarian feast will be quite a bit toned down though.
    @ Kimberley - Yeah I really like couscous but I had forgotten about that. That sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete