A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Friday, February 12, 2010

What I Ate - 12 February 2010

Today I ate:

2 pieces of Vogels toast with peanut butter, another piece with Marmite.
1 trim latte.
Small handful of chilli and lime cashews.
1 Gala apple.
1 baked potato with black bean chilli, leftover from yesterday.
1 peach.
1 yoghurt.
2 glasses of sauvignon blanc.
Potato chips.
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni and salad.
Mango.

I am coming down with a cold too!  I haven't had one in two years but I woke up with a headache and a sore throat.  How annoying. 

Phil and I had dinner at the flat of our friends Dan and Emily.  They kindly made an excellent vegetarian meal of cannelloni, which I love.  It got me thinking about the social side to being a vegetarian...Is it reasonable to expect my friends to accommodate my preferences?  I would say yes, as long as I'm quite clear about what I will and won't eat, and offer to bring food that I can eat if it's going to be difficult.  For example, if someone invited me to their house for a roast lamb, I would bring a dish of something that I could eat, say a roast vegetable salad or even a vegetable tart

No comments:

Post a Comment