A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What I Ate - 3 February 2010

It's funny, having to reveal to the world what I have been eating has become quite a useful check on my generally quite unrestrained eating habits.  It has definitely made me think twice before running over to the dairy for a chocolate bar.  Then again, this whole month is a restraint on my eating habits so I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a shock to me.
Today I ate:

2 pieces of toast with peanut butter.
Small handful of blueberries.
1 trim latte.
Leftover moussaka from yesterday.
2 apples.
1 strawberry yoghurt.
1 beer.
Tomato and olive wholewheat penne pasta with parmesan and and a rocket salad made with roasted sunflower seeds, avocado, capsicum, cherry tomatoes and balsamic dressing. 
Quite a lot of watermelon.
Possibly some more fruit yoghurt and blueberries.

Phil made the pasta and it was delicious.  He is really good at making simple pasta.  He says that his secret is to cook the onions slowly for a long time, and to add tomato paste.  The wholewheat pasta is really good too, it has a lot more fibre than your usual white pasta and is pretty tasty.

3 comments:

  1. I am very impressed, your meals sound fabulous! You have obviously put a lot of effort to making not only meat free meals but delicious vege meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evealyn. Long time reader, first time commenter.

    Out of curiosity, how are your energy levels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Traci - Hi Traci! Cheers! When I decided to do this, I thought that it would be important to seek out recipes and try different things. If I just ate the same sorts of meals but minus the meat it could be a bit depressing. Also I wanted this to be a chance to basically make myself try the sorts of dishes that I wouldn't usually.

    @Matt - Energy levels are ok I think. I was basically my usual spastic self at netball today.

    ReplyDelete