A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Sunday, February 7, 2010

What I Ate - 8 February 2010

Today I ate:

2 pieces of toast with peanut butter.
1 trim latte.
Chocolate brownie.
2 apples.
Leftover chana masala from yesterday with brown rice.
2 fruit yoghurts.
Small handful of cashew nuts.
Baked potato with black beans, cheese, avocado, spring onions and capsicum.
Whittaker's Dark Ghana.

So far I have been feeling quite good, better even than usual.  Today however, my energy really tanked.  It happened late this afternoon and I suddenly felt very tired.  I'm starting to wonder if I am running a bit low on iron. 

3 comments:

  1. I doubt that it is the iron thing - Chani once told me that iron takes ages to dissipate, but I'll double check with her.

    What kind of carbohydrates are you having? Is the bread white or brown? Ordinary sugar, like that which is probably present in peanut butter and brownie apparently breaks down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't eat iron pills. I've heard they're partially made from cows' blood. That probably violates the 1 month resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Samuel Konkin - you are right about the brownie being high in refined sugar, but the peanut butter I am eating at the moment has no added sugars. I really love peanut butter and I understand that it's quite high in protein which is partly why I like to have it for breakfast - it keeps me full until lunchtime.
    @ Jarrod - thanks for telling me that! I have never really thought about where iron tablets come from but that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete