A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What I Ate - 2 February 2010

Today I was humming along through my work day when suddenly, I started thinking about roast mutton, and how delicious it is.  Mmm sheep.

Today I ate:

2 pieces of toast with peanut butter.
1 trim latte.
1 dark chocolate Tim Tam (all I have to say about that was that it was on a plate, in the kitchen as I arrived at work.  Couldn't help myself unfortunately).
Leftover nachos from yesterday.
1 apple.
1 berry and cherry yoghurt.
1 chocolate chip sante biscuit, homemade.
Lentil moussaka and salad made with rocket, cucumber, fresh sweetcorn, orange capsicum, coriander and a balsamic dressing.
1 Coke Zero.
1 small handfull of blueberries.
1 nectarine.

The lentil moussaka was bloody good.  The first time I had moussaka was when my old flatmate Dana made it.  It is a Greek dish usually made with lamb mince, fried eggplant, and cheese.  The meat is spiced with cinnamon which makes it really special.  It's funny, you wouldn't think cinnamon would naturally pair with meat, it seems to be a better match with fruits like apples.  Overall though, it was lovely.  I have a few suggestions to make to the recipe (link provided above) however, these being to add a tin of tomatoes in with the lentil mix as well as some red wine.  One thing also to mention is that it is a reasonably complicated dish for a weeknight.  The lentils need to be cooked for half an hour and once the dish is assembled it is baked for another 40 minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Evealyn. So day 1 was a success then? How is Phil holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just asked him and he said that he was biting his nails more than usual, possibly for the protein. That aside, he seems to be enjoying the food. He got pretty excited about yesterday's nachos.

    ReplyDelete