A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What I Ate - 17 February 2010

Today I ate:

2 pieces of Vogels toast with Pic's Real peanut butter.
1 apricot.
1 peach.
1 trim latte.
Leftover tofu and vege satay.
Squash and chickpea Moroccan stew with couscous and yoghurt.
Piece of failed caramel slice.

After dinner I had a craving for caramel slice, so I decided to try a recipe from the Edmonds.  Complete fail.  It had an oaty base which seemed ok, if a little too moist.  The real fail came with the caramel topping, which had large amounts of sugar, a cup each of brown sugar and icing sugar.  Once I started to realise that the caramel just wasn't as it should be I then remembered that I had another recipe in my book that I had copied from my Nana's recipe book.  So the moral of that story is to always always make your Nana's recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment