A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today's haul

This morning I went to the markets.  This is what I got:

 

 Fruits of my labour (sort of)

I have been making an effort to get to the markets on Sunday mornings as I think that this would be much harder if we didn't have a good supply of fresh veges.  

Tonight I am going to attempt to make a chickpea curry called Channa Masala.  The chickpeas are currently simmering on the stove.  Cooking with dried pulses requires a bit of ahead planning as generally you need to soak them overnight, and then boil them for up to 2-3 hours.  


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Evealyn, your blog is bloody addictive and I am starting to salivate every time I read your daily menu summaries... move over Julie Powell!

    I had some people round yesterday, half were veges so I attempted the non-meat lunch which was relatively successful aside from me stuffing ham into my mouth once they had left.

    A few things you and Phil may like to try:

    Green Beans in a tomato and garlic sauce:
    Fry some garlic in olive oil on a slow heat, wack it up a notch when you add the beans. Toss, add a wee bit of balsamic then add 1 tin of tomatoes. Reduce the sauce, add salt and plenty pepper and lots of fresh grated parmesan. The beans can still be nice and crunchy.

    Agria Potatoes with lemon, capers and olive oil:
    Boil potatoes, dowse in E.V olive oil, add a spritz of lemon juice, the capers and salt and pepper.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks Dana! I think Phil and I have you to thank for our love of Agria potatoes...We had them today for lunch in fact. Will give that recipe a go sometime in the next few days. I will add green beans to my list for next week's trip to the markets as I like the sound of that recipe too. It would probably make a pretty decent dinner with a salad as well, and it has the advantage of not needing a whole lot of advance planning (such as boiling chickpeas for hours). Hope you are well xox

    ReplyDelete