A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Saturday, February 13, 2010

What I Ate - 14 February 2010

Today I ate:

1 piece of Vogels toast with peanut butter.
1 trim latte.
Breakfast burrito made with scrambled eggs, black beans and potato hash and served with guacamole and salsa from Sweet Mother's Kitchen.
Half an apricot.
Mint slice chocolate biscuits.
Pineapple juice.
Black bean enchiladas.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Unfortunately I have a cold and am feeling a bit miserable.  Still, it's better than last year, when I was sick with food poisoning.

I'm a bit mixed about Valentine's Day.  On one hand it is a commercial holiday etc, but on the other hand, why not have a bit of fun with it?  We decided to go out to brunch at Sweet Mother's Kitchen.  They have lots of vegetarian breakfast options, and we didn't want to go to a place where the vegetarian meal was something of an afterthought. 

We also went to the vege markets briefly and bought, among other things, some good tasting peanut butter.  As you may have noticed, I really like peanut butter.  I would probably lose 3 kilos if I stopped eating it but that is a trade-off I am simply not willing to make.  This stuff was recommended to me by my friend Reuben and I am so excited about breakfast tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment