A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Manifesto

In the interests of transparency, I would like to set out what I will and won't eat during the month of February.

I'm not going to eat any animal flesh.  So no meat or fish.  I will eat dairy and animal products that don't involve the death of the animal, such as eggs and honey.

I'm not going to bother with things like rennet and gelatine, even though these are actually animal derivatives.  The reason for this is mostly practical, I feel as though the restrictions I have already made make this a big enough challenge for me and to exclude something like animal rennet would make eating out quite difficult for me.

The real aim of this month is to significantly reduce my meat intake, which, by cutting out meat altogether I should be able to manage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment