A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vege Market


In Wellington there are several weekend farmers' markets. The one that I usually go to is held on Sunday mornings by Waitangi Park, near the waterfront. Market gardeners have stalls alongside a French baker, a pizza chef and a Cantonese food vendor among several others. It is really busy and I almost always see people I know. It's funny, when I was a student the vege markets were the place to go to get cheap produce but they have become a lot more gentrified recently. They seem to be just as much a fun weekend activity or event as they are a way of getting your groceries.

This is the haul I managed to carry home on Sunday. I suppose that once we get into the swing of vegetarian eating they will become a really important part of our weekend routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment