A Meaty Issue

A Meaty Issue
Eat the chicken

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Throwing down the gauntlet

Today in the kitchen at work I had a chat to a colleague, Alex, who I am hoping will let me interview him for this blog. He was at one point a vegetarian because his girlfriend was one too. I think it was a somewhat reluctant choice because every so often he would sneak off for a steak or something. Bad vege.

Anyway, when I told him about my plan to go vego for a month, he told me that if I make it without cheating, it would be very unlikely for me to go back, and that from hence-forth I would find meat 'yuck'.

Even though it's pretty hard for me to imagine myself really repulsed by meat, it has made me a bit scared. How would I manage eating out? Would my parents still talk to me? The latter might seem like a bit of an exaggeration, but wait until you hear a bit about my background.


1 comment:

  1. Great reading! I like it... and I want to know what happens!

    ReplyDelete